By continuing to access our website, you agree to our privacy policy and use of cookies.

Skip to Main Content

Press "Enter" to search

Motor Carrier Insurance

We've Got You Covered

We know transportation insurance. Whether you are a single owner or a large fleet, we have specialty insurance programs designed with you in mind.

We place the most comprehensive lines of insurance, safety, and risk management products for commercial transportation.

Get Coverage
Transportation Composite for Motor Carriers Page


All trucking companies are required to purchase Commercial Auto Liability Insurance. This coverage provides protection for the trucking company for legal liability arising out of use of the insured vehicle. The minimum limit required by the FMCSA ranges from $750,000 to $5million, depending on what/who is being transported. Many shippers and freight brokers/forwarders require a minimum limit of $1 million.

Physical Damage insurance covers losses against your insured vehicle in the event of an accident with another vehicle or object. Things to consider when purchasing physical damage coverage are the differences between comprehensive and collision. Collision coverage provides coverage in the event of an accident or a collision where comprehensive would cover issues or damage that arise out of any event that is not a collision.

Cargo insurance is implemented to cover the liability of the cargo being hauled from any loss. Typical cargo limits are around $100,000 but many high-end commodities require higher limits.

Protects business owners against claims of liability for bodily injury, property damage, and personal and advertising injury that do not involve your insured vehicle. General Liability coverage will cover premises exposures that either occur on your property, or potentially at a shipper/receiver.

All companies outside of the monopolistic states (OH, WY, WA, and ND) that have more than one additional employee, require the purchase of Workers' Compensation Insurance. This covers any bodily injury claim that may result from the day-to-day activities of an employee.

Excess Liability Coverage in insurance that sits above the standard limits of liability when they policy limits are exhausted. At times, Excess Liability can also provide coverage in gaps of basic coverage.

Non-Trucking Liability is similar to Commercial Auto Liability, but it covers bodily injury and property damage that may occur when a driver is on personal time, and not under dispatch. This coverage can apply with or without a trailer attached.

Occupational Accident insurance covers Owner Operators and contract drivers who qualify as independent contractors when they have an injury sustained while under dispatch with a motor carrier or performing the duties of a lease.

A property policy insures against damage to the company’s buildings and contents due to a covered loss.

Cyber Insurance is designed to cover users of technology services and products. This covers a variety of both liability and property losses that may result when companies engage in various electronic activities such as using the internet, payroll, and any other computer related activities.

Management Liability Insurance protects the directors, officers, managers, and business entities that arise from management activities. This can include directors & officers, employment practices liability, fiduciary liability, and special crime.

Get Coverage

Complete the small fleet application or contact Additional applications are coming soon. Please contact Hylant if you need a different type of application. 
Small Fleet Application
Rectangle graphic

Your Trusted Advisor

In the Transportation Industry

Chris Denman

Chris Denman

Managing Director - Transportation

Related Insights