Specialized in Protecting Marine Businesses Like Yours
Whether your business manufactures boats, manages a terminal, pushes or transports cargo down the waterways, or repairs ships, our job is to protect you while you do your job.
Hylant's Approach to Marine Insurance
Hylant’s marine risk professionals use their specialized knowledge to help the following types of clients identify and mitigate their risks:
- Recreational boat builders
- Marine contractors
- Passenger vessels
- Commercial vessels (hull and protection & indemnity)
- Marine terminal/port authorities
- Tug and barge operators
- Marine products manufacturers
- Marina groups
To comprehensively insure your unique risks, we work directly with experienced marine carriers who understand the nature and challenges of your work.
Depending on your specific business needs, your customized marine insurance program could include the following coverages:
- U.S. Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation (USL&H)
- Marine liability
- Marine general liability
- Commercial hull and machinery
- Protection and indemnity
- Contractor's equipment
- Vessel pollution liability/COFR
- Jones Act
- Marina operator legal liability
- Ship repairer’s legal liability
- Terminal operator’s legal liability
- Wharfinger legal liability coverage
- Boat dealer’s coverage
- Builder's risk
While Hylant is headquartered in the Midwest, we have local offices to serve you in many port cities. These currently include Miami, Florida; Los Angeles, California; Jacksonville, Florida; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Detroit, Michigan; Toledo, Ohio; Cleveland, Ohio; and Chicago, Illinois.
Our high-touch client service includes the support of our dedicated claim management advocates. These experts work with you through the entire life of the claim, supporting your position to deliver the best result.
Talk to an Expert
Our experts would love to talk to you about finding the best marine insurance program for your particular needs.